Follow us into the danger zone! Today we're talking about something a little bit different and a lot more deadly: POISONS! In this supersized episode, we're bringing together our love of food stories with our addiction to true crime, and we’ve enlisted Danny Murphy, host of NOT ANOTHER TRUE CRIME PODCAST, as our accomplice - er, special guest. First, host Lia Ballentinetells us about a few holidays celebrating some everyday foods with poisonous potential, including a Japanese seafood delicacy (and underutilized emoji) more toxic than anthrax. She also introduces us to "extreme eaters" who dare to eat some of these dangerous dishes. Then in the Deep Dish, Danny tells us about his poison ivy superpowers, and what pufferfish have to do with the art of the perfect brunch. Finally, host Anna Van Valin and guest Danny Murphy tell the toxic tales of a few favorite real-life poisonings, from a professional assassin on a Roman Emperor’s payroll, to a cult that pulled off the biggest bio-terror attack in American history using…salad. Grab your smelling salts and join us!
Danny Murphy is a comedian and digital creator who hosts NOT ANOTHER TRUE CRIME PODCAST on Betches and a weekly gossip segment on SiriusXM's BENNINGTON. He also created his own digital show VENTI VENTS, where caffeinating meets complaining.
Explore from the show:
- Watch a chef prepare fugu, a dish more deadly than cyanide!
- Check out the podcast Criminalia - their whole first season is dedicated to lady poisoners!
- If you're the only person on earth who hasn't seen Wild Wild Country, enjoy.
Connect with us:
- Want to support our women and BIPOC-created independent podcast? Buy us a coffee!
- For more great content about the stories & foods we talk about on the show (plus a peek BTS) follow us at @FoodDayPod on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook or check out our webpage.
- Its a GIVEAWAY! Enter to win a special gift box from our friends at Pantry Party, filled with exciting ingredients to elevate your meals.
- Join our mailing list to keep up with all the exciting things we have planned for this season.
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/fooddaypod )